Monday, January 17, 2011

New Snow

 KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

2556510939_c2b866cc62

2557333464_6bfdab8825

2556495725_0e2319eb94

This is where I am right now. The Truman State library, better known as the Pickler Memorial Library. Where I’m sitting isn’t exactly depicted in any of these pictures. Rather, I am sitting in a cosy corner, on one big table meant for four, overlooking Centennial Hall and the Rec Centre (gym).

All classes are off today as it’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day today. It’s funny how today is supposed to be the day where America commemorates this great man who lost his life in his fight for equality, instead, there’s hardly any activity or celebration going on. I guess winter is partly to be blamed for that. It feels like life slows down in the winter. The days are short, you hardly see anyone walking around, and most people are just in the lazing around mood. I like it.

The word that has been on my mind for the whole day today is attachment.

Is love greater when it holds on to something? Or is love greater when it is able to let go? Is love about being contented and happy with what you have? Or is love the expectations and excitements of something new? Is love being attached to the person you love all the time? Or is love being apart from that person and realizing through the separation that he is the one for you?

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselvesRomans 12:10

My convictions of relational love right now is that to love is to display genuine affection in actions and truth, to love is to hold on to the person you cannot afford to lose, and to be contented and happy with that person.

Maybe this is still a very premature understanding of love, but it is what I call to be true in my heart at this point of my life.

The sky is starting to darken, I better get back to my hall before it gets too cold. Looks like it might rain too. I see the slight patters of a drizzle on the pavement by my window.

I wish it would snow again instead of rain. All the rain does is dampen the atmosphere around; the snow on the other hand represents this new place that I am in, and the new experiences that I am looking forward to.

The snow is something new to me in this new place, new, exactly like everything else here.

No comments:

Post a Comment